Come and visit me in Lapland and enjoy one of my Magical Lapland Breaks for all the family! There is something utterly magical about the forests at twilight, where my mischievous Lapland elves play hide and seek and the reindeer roam free. Choose from 3 Day or 4 Day December breaks and enjoy all the adventures I have included for you…
- A Meeting with Santa (me) In my secret log-cabin home in the woods. I guarantee a private meeting for every family and not a meeting in a restaurant with a coach-load of other families.
- My Elves & Igloo Fantasia I want to tell you about a very special Santa Secret. I have had my helpers build, just for you, two enchanting Igloos, hidden in the forest and never before seen by anyone.
- Reindeer sleigh-ride.I offer a proper 7-10 minute ride through the snowy winter woods, not a 2-minute ‘taster’ ride going around and around a small looped track.
- Husky-sled-ride. My unforgettable ride is approx. 15-minutes and is not a 2-minute ‘taster’ ride, being driven around a short circular route.
- Snowmobile sleigh ride. When you come to visit me, everyone gets to ride behind a snowmobile during our ‘Search for Santa’, and mini skidoos are available for the children.
- The resort experience. I believe in the true spirit of a Lapland Christmas, with our full-length activities held in magical woodland wilderness locations. I am not so keen on commercialised centres where you may end up killing time in charmless gift-shops and grottos!
- Places to stay. I have chosen three and four-diamond hotels with excellent facilities and food, and also my own Santa’s Christmas Cabins. Beware of others that offer one or two-star business-style hotels.
- Child Prices. It is the children that really want to see me so I have thousands of FREE Child Places and many other magically low prices for them.
- Travel arrangements. Saariselkä is only 25 minutes from Ivalo Airport whereas other companies travel up to 2 hours by coach to and from the resort.
3 Days / 2 Nights
The classic short break, with all our standard activities and benefits included in a lively and action-packed schedule. The cheeky, fun-loving Saari Elves will also be on hand, to ensure that magic and laughter are part and parcel of your time in Saariselkä. My ‘Santa’s Magic’ break is altogether the perfect choice for families whose time is tight during the busy run-up to Christmas, but who don’t want to miss out on any of the key elements, which are all included.
4 Days / 3 Nights
This slightly longer break also includes all our standard activities and benefits plus an extra day, which enables you to choose from a wide range of Optional Adventures. Try the ever popular ‘Snowmobile Safari’ by day, or the evening ‘Northern Lights Adventure’, or go for a longer ‘Husky Heaven’ sled-ride maybe. There is plenty of choice to make the most of the extra day.
Where to stay »
My favoured resort of Saariselkä offers several different places for you to stay during your trip to visit me in my magical Lapland home. The hotels are all very different, ranging in their size and the facilities they offer, but they all have one of my special helpers on hand to ensure you can enjoy your stay without a hitch.Read More »
An unforgettable adventure, zooming through snowfields, woodland and across frozen lakes, with a halfway camp-fire stop for a warming mug of hot berry juice.
My toboggans are available in Saariselkä on free loan from outside of your hotel or cabin. There is also a lovely long purpose-built toboggan-run, as well as public areas used by younger children.
Rudolph’s Reindeer Run
Snuggle under blankets as my reindeer pull your sleigh through Lapland’s winter wonderland scenery. Approx. half-hour. Family rides or romantic sleigh-rides just for two!
Northern Lights Adventure
An early evening snowmobile expedition in search of the fabulous Northern Lights, including a camp-fire break for a warming drink.
If my included husky sled-ride whets your appetite, this one-hour trip gives you longer to thrill to ‘driving’ your own team of huskies through the pristine landscape.
Saariselkä’s ski-slopes are ideal for beginners, or for intermediates wanting a quick ‘blast’! (Only available on my Santa Spectacular 4-day breaks.)
Snow-shoeing or Cross-country skiing
An ideal way to explore the tranquillity of Lapland’s pristine winter wonderland.