3 Day Breaks
Look what I have included in my Prices!
- Snowmobile Search for my log-cabin home
- Your private family meeting with me – the ‘real’ Santa Claus!
- Magical delivery of your children’s letter to my elves and me
- A special gift from me for all children under 13
- NEW My Elves and Igloo Fantasia Join the fun and games with my Elves in my Igloo plus wonder at my Artistic Igloo with ice sculptures and ice-bar.
- Husky Sled Drive and/or Ride
- Reindeer Sleigh Ride
- Snow & Ice Fun Activities
- Souvenir ‘driving licence’ for reindeer and huskies
- Arctic Circle Certificate
- Lunch and Refreshments on ‘Search for Santa’ Day
- Thermal outer-suits, boots and accessories
- Gala Dinner included with half-board option in hotels, and a festive dinner in my Christmas Cabins
Day 1 – Welcome
- Having just flown across the Arctic Circle, the children will love being greeted at Ivalo Airport by my reindeer and friends, the Samis and one of my elves, presenting a delightful photo opportunity to capture your family’s first few minutes in my homeland!
- A short, comfortable 25-minute coach-ride transfers you to your chosen hotel or cabin in Saariselkä – just enough time to see if the children can spot more reindeer or maybe my little log-cabin home through the forests bordering the road.
- Time for your ‘Michelin-man’ impressions, as my helpers get you fitted with your complimentary thermal over-suits, boots, socks, gloves and hats.
- Then it’s fun-time – a chance to explore and get your bearings on arrival in my winter wonderland, make snowmen, borrow the free toboggans from all my partner hotels or cabins, or just relax in a fragrant Finnish sauna – the choice is yours!
- For hotel guests who have booked my great value half-board option, a wonderful first Lapland night dinner sets the scene for tomorrow’s excitement, whilst those in my Christmas Cabins will enjoy a home-cooked family meal!
Day 2 – Search for Santa
- My helpers will pick you up for the ultimate Christmas adventure, enjoying all the following exciting activities at some point throughout the day, all of which are included in my prices!
- Husky Sled Ride – where the children get to ride with a parent (and shout ‘mush mush!’ at every opportunity!), and grown-ups can all take a turn at actually ‘driving’ your own sled! Imagine your sled, drawn by five or six eager huskies, straining at the leash and eager to run, then released – and you’re off! Racing across the snow and through the woods is the most perfect way to experience Lapland’s winter wonderland.
- Reindeer Sleigh Ride – meet your reindeer and your local Sami guide then take a wonderful 7-10 minute ride into the picturesque woods, with the ‘swish’ of the runners across the snow, and children and parents cuddled together under blankets in the sleigh, arriving at a very secret location.
- NEW My Elves and Igloo Fantasia is hidden away in the woods and only reached by reindeer sleigh and once there, join in the fun and games with my Elves in their Igloo Wonderland before visiting my Artistic Igloo and admiring the magnificent ice sculptures and enjoying a drink in my ice bar.*
- Meet my very special Huskies and Reindeer in My Elves and Igloo Fantasia, guess their names and share a cuddle, so don’t forget to bring your camera.
- Lunch is also included, to ‘recharge your batteries’ for the afternoon. This will be a simple and warming 2-course meal, with plenty of hot berry juice, squash, tea and coffee also available.
- A host of Snow and Ice Fun Activities are provided for you to enjoy, such as ice-fishing, snow-hockey, kick-sledding (a crazy Finnish cross between a scooter and a toboggan!), tandem skiing, mini-skidoo rides for the children, and my favourite – tobogganing.
- See your children’s faces light up with wonder, as you fulfil your family’s Search for Santa, and meet me in an Exclusive Private Family Meeting in my hideaway log-cabin home, with my elves on hand to make you welcome and ensure there is magic in the air!
- Refreshments are included too, and are available throughout the day, for those times when a few minutes warming up round a crackling log fire is welcomed.
- Finally, back ‘home’ in your hotel, why not finish the day with a wonderful Gala Dinner (included on our half-board option). In my Christmas Cabins meanwhile, a special festive dinner rounds off the day, while you re-live every unforgettable moment of your biggest ever Christmas adventure!
* local charge applies
Day 3 – Grand Finale
- Fun-time again, with the chance to thrill to another big adventure, whether pre-booked in the UK or chosen locally the day before from my range of Optional Adventures. You may have fallen in love with the huskies and want to enjoy an even longer Husky Sled Ride, or relax on Rudolph’s Reindeer Run, or perhaps take off on a Snowmobile Safari for high-octane thrills – there are plenty of options to choose from.
- This morning also gives you a chance to browse the village’s souvenir shops, to choose from their range of traditional hand-made Lappish items and clothes, Christmas gifts and toys.
- My helpful team will collect you from your doorstep by coach for the short ride to the airport to catch your flight home, to a chorus of fond farewells!
See Our Exciting New Videos!All our trips come with wonderful activities to make sure each break is filled with family fun and childrens’ smiles. Check out the clips below for exciting Snow Hockey or fascinating Ice Fishing or for even more adventure we also have a wide range of Optional Adventures available!
Santa’s Lapland Ice Hockey Get some competitive spirit going and try out some family fun!
Santa’s Lapland Ice Fishing Relax and enjoy the truly magical Arctic circle tradition of ice fishing!
My Special Lapland Check-List
|Items to check||
What I offer
What some other companies offer
|Meeting Santa||Guaranteed Private Family Meeting||In a large group|
|Reindeer sleigh ride||7-10 minute ride in the snowy woods||A 2-minute 'taster' ride|
|Husky sled-ride||15-minute ride driving yourselves||2-minutes around a small loop|
|Snowmobile sleigh-ride||Included for everybody||Not included|
|My Elves and Igloo Fantasia||Fun and Games with my Elves in my Igloo||Not included|
|My Artistic Igloo||Admire my Elves ice sculptures and enjoy a drink||Not included|
|The resort||The magical, natural spirit of Lapland||Commercialised and busy|
|Places to stay||The best hotels and Christmas cabins||Business hotels|
|Resort helpers||My own helpers and Rangers||Limited help or just agents|
|Child reductions||FREE places and low low prices||Small, token reductions|
|Airport Transfers||Short 25-minute coach-ride||Up to 3 hours in some cases!|