Lapland 4 days breaks
Look what I have included in my Prices!
- Snowmobile Search for my log-cabin home
- Your private family meeting with me – the ‘real’ Santa Claus!
- Magical delivery of your children’s letter to my elves and me
- A special gift from me for all children under 13
- NEW My Elves and Igloo Fantasia Join the fun and games with my Elves in my Igloo plus wonder at my Artistic Igloo with ice sculptures and ice-bar.
- Husky Sled Drive and/or Ride
- Reindeer Sleigh Ride
- Snow & Ice Fun Activities
- Souvenir ‘driving licence’ for reindeer and huskies
- Arctic Circle Certificate
- Lunch and Refreshments on ‘Search for Santa’ Day
- Thermal outer-suits and accessories
- Gala Dinner included with half-board option in hotels and a festive dinner in my Christmas Cabins
- An extra day to enjoy a host of exciting Optional Adventures
Day 1 – Welcome
- After crossing the Arctic Circle, the first photo opportunity comes as you and your family are greeted at Ivalo Airport by one of my team of reindeer with its Sami handler. One or two of my cheeky elves may also be there to welcome you, making mischief as only they can!
- The coach transfer is only a short, comfortable 25-minute journey to your chosen hotel or cabin in Saariselkä – just enough time to see if the children can spot more reindeer or even my little log-cabin home through the forests bordering the road.
- On arrival in Saariselkä my helpers will get you fitted with your special complimentary thermal over-suits, boots, socks, gloves and hats. You may not look fashionable but you will certainly keep warm!
- Now the fun really begins, as you have the chance to explore and get your bearings in Saariselkä’s winter wonderland. Tobogganing and making snowmen are always firm favourites – don’t forget you can borrow my free toboggans from wherever you stay.
- For hotel guests who have booked my great value half-board option, a wonderful first night dinner sets the scene for tomorrow’s adventures, whilst those in my Christmas Cabins enjoy a tasty home-cooked family meal!
Day 2 – Adventure Day
- This extra day on my 4-day ‘Santa’s Spectacular’ break will normally be your second day, and gives you the chance to start building up the excitement, with your choice of my fantastic Optional Adventures. And don’t forget that early bookings can save £££’s with my 50% discount off children’s prices!
- Try a sensational daytime Snowmobile Safari, where parents take it in turns to drive the snowmobile and children will be towed in a special sled by the guide, or the evening snowmobile option, with my popular Northern Lights Adventure. Or perhaps enjoy a few hours downhill skiing, or Saariselkä’s toboggan run – the longest in Finland at 1.2 km. Animal lovers may prefer to go for an extra, longer Husky Sled Ride or Reindeer Sleigh Ride – always a popular option with the children.
- Families in my cabins will be welcomed back to dinner by their host, whilst halfboard hotel guests dine in their ‘home’ hotel. There will be lots of stories to tell about the day’s adventures, as the excitement mounts for tomorrow’s Big Day!
Day 3 – Search for Santa Day
- Your ultimate Christmas adventure begins when my helpers pick you up and take you deep into the forest to enjoy all the following exciting activities at some point throughout the day, all of which are included in my prices!
- Husky Sled Ride – where the children snuggle in a sled with a parent, and grown-ups can all take a turn at actually ‘driving’ your own team of huskies, cheered on by the children! The excitement of being in charge of five or six eager huskies, all raring to run and straining at the leash is simply exhilarating. The whisper of sled on snow as you race through Lapland’s winter wonderland is the most perfect way to experience my homeland.
- Reindeer Sleigh Ride – meet your reindeer and your local Sami guide then take a wonderful ride through magical snowy woodland, as you snuggle under blankets in the sleigh, arriving at a very secret location.
- NEW My Elves and Igloo Fantasia is hidden away in the woods and once there, join in the fun and games with my Elves in their Igloo Wonderland before visiting my Artistic Igloo and admiring the magnificent ice sculptures and enjoying a drink in my ice bar.*
- Meet my very special Huskies and Reindeer in My Elves and Igloo Fantasia, guess their names and share a cuddle, so don’t forget to bring your camera.
- Lunch is also included, to ‘recharge your batteries’ for the afternoon. This will be a simple and warming 2-course meal, with plenty of hot berry juice, squash, tea and coffee also available.
- A host of Snow and Ice Fun Activities are provided for you to enjoy, such as ice-fishing, snow-hockey, kick-sledding (a fun combination of a scooter and a toboggan!), tandem skiing, mini-skidoo rides for the children and tobogganing.
- Turn your children’s dreams into reality, as you complete your family’s ‘Search for Santa’ by snowmobile-sled, and find me in my hideaway log-cabin home. Experience your exclusive private family meeting with me and my elfin helpers will be on hand to make you welcome and ensure there is truly festive magic in the air!
- Refreshments are included too, and are available throughout the day, for those times when a few minutes warming up round a crackling log fire is welcomed.
- Finally, back ‘home’ in your hotel, why not finish the day with a wonderful Gala Dinner (included on our half-board option). In my Christmas Cabins meanwhile, a special festive dinner rounds off the day, while you re-live every unforgettable moment of your biggest ever Christmas adventure!
Day 4 – Finale
- Time for more fun, making the most of your time in Lapland to thrill to another exciting adventure, whether pre-booked in the UK or chosen locally from my range of Optional Adventures. Enjoy an even longer Husky Sled or Reindeer Sleigh Ride, or perhaps take this opportunity for an exciting Family Snowmobile Safari – there are plenty of options to choose from.
- This morning also gives you a chance to browse the village’s souvenir shops, for ideal Christmas gifts and toys from their range of traditional hand-made Lappish items and clothes.
- My helpers will collect you from your doorstep by coach for the short ride to the airport to catch your flight home, with a host of stories to tell about magical Lapland!
See Our Exciting New Videos!All our trips come with wonderful activities to make sure each break is filled with family fun and childrens’ smiles. Check out the clips below for exciting Snow Hockey or fascinating Ice Fishing or for even more adventure we also have a wide range of Optional Adventures available!
Santa’s Lapland Ice Hockey Get some competitive spirit going and try out some family fun!
Santa’s Lapland Ice Fishing Relax and enjoy the truly magical Arctic circle tradition of ice fishing!
My Special Lapland Check-List
|Items to check||
What I offer
What some other companies offer
|Meeting Santa||Guaranteed Private Family Meeting||In a large group|
|Reindeer sleigh ride||A magical sleigh ride in the snowy woods||A short 'taster' ride|
|Husky sled-ride||15-minute ride driving yourselves||2-minutes around a small loop|
|Snowmobile sleigh-ride||Included for everybody||Not included|
|My Elves and Igloo Fantasia||Fun and Games with my Elves in my Igloo||Not included|
|My Artistic Igloo||Admire my Elves ice sculptures and enjoy a drink||Not included|
|The resort||The magical, natural spirit of Lapland||Commercialised and busy|
|Places to stay||The best hotels and Christmas cabins||Business hotels|
|Resort helpers||My own helpers and Rangers||Limited help or just agents|
|Child reductions||FREE places and low low prices||Small, token reductions|
|Airport Transfers||Short 25-minute coach-ride||Up to 3 hours in some cases!|