1. The promoter is: Santa’s Lapland (Company No. 350786) whose registered office is Nelson House, 55-59 Victoria Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 7PA.
2. The competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except employees of The Entertainer or Santa’s Lapland, or their families including close friends, partners or relatives of employees, or employees of other Hotelplan UK companies and those associated with the operation or promotion of the competition. Any such entries will be deemed invalid.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via www.santaslapland.com/photo-competition/
6. Multiple entries from the same person will not qualify. Only one entry per household.
7. Closing date for entry will be 23:59 on Sunday 16th January 2022. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Entrants must upload one photo from their 2021 holiday hosted by Santa’s Lapland via the web form on the website (www.santaslapland.com/photo-competition/). The photo must be in the format of a JPEG or PNG with a maximum file size of 10MB. You must also provide your name, email and booking reference as proof of travel to Santa’s Lapland in 2021. Liability of the accuracy of all provided information lies with the entrant.
10. By submitting your photo to Santa’s Lapland, you are agreeing that the photo can be used within any marketing communications that we may produce in the future both online and offline. This may include, but is not limited to: publication on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, inclusion in brochures or used on the Santa’s Lapland website. Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Hotelplan UK Ltd to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their material, websites and/or in any promotional material.
11. By submitting your entry into the competition, you confirm that you are the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Where a photograph belonging to someone other than the photographer are featured, the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent, if requested. Further, entrants must not have breached any local, UK or other applicable laws when taking their photographs.
12. The photo must be either taken by the entrant, or feature the entrant in the photo. It must be taken on a Santa’s Lapland holiday taken during the winter 2021 season.
13. You can have worked on the colour or enhanced the image for the sake of the composition. You can also crop the image to improve composition. We will not accept composite images - entries that stitch two or more separate photographs together to make one image, or entries that superimpose elements photographed separately onto an image. We want you to stay faithful to the spirit of the competition, and never misrepresent the aspect of the scene being portrayed. Santa’s Lapland and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
14. Entries must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition.
15. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that no element of their posting infringes the copyright of any third party or any laws.
16. The promoter cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
17. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
18. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
19. The prizes are as follows: first place will receive a prize bundle of toys based on the age and gender of the winning child from The Entertainer worth £250 (www.thetoyshop.com). There will also be 2 runner-up prizes of a £50 voucher each for The Entertainer. The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
20. Winners will be chosen, recorded and verified by the promoter and will be decided by a panel of independent judges on the basis of creativity and relevance to the promoter.
21. The winners will be notified via email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winners cannot be contacted or if they do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
22. The promoter will notify the winners of the appropriate details for claiming and redeeming the prize.
23. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
25. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.